Thursday, October 16, 2008

"Failed economic policy"

One of the mantras I heard several times last night, I didn't stop to count them, was Obama's repetition of "failed economic policies of the last 8 years." I have to wonder how failed those policies actually were and what can truthfully be attributed to the Bush administration.

In my memory, I don't remember the economy being an issue, until the last couple of years. Prior to that, we enjoyed a robust stock market and it even reached 14,000 last year. It has only been in the last year that some problems have become evident and they can be mainly attributed to Barney Frank, Chris Dodd and others of the same ilk. It has been the Democrat Congress that seems to have been the primary instigator of economic woes and credit problems. Problems stemming from their insistence on extremely risky loans, when they knew those people didn't have the means to repay what they borrowed.

In my opinion, this has not only been the height of stupidity, but it is an example of a "failed economic policy". So, let's put the shoe on the proper Democrat feet and see how they like wearing what they created!

No comments: